Add support to chain a hdd boot in the pxelinux parser

Artem Senichev artemsen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 03:27:26 AEST 2020

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 03:10:55PM +0200, Pierre Neyron wrote:
> Another question: We figured out that modifying the petitboot of our IBM
> S822LC power8 systems requires reflashing the whole skiroot using a tool
> such as op-test ? Is it correct ? Any advice or pointer to information
> for that task would be very welcome.

You need to rebuild rootfs, and then rebuild the PNOR image.

Something like this (with buildroot's make):
# rebuild petitboot
make petitboot-reconfigure
# rebuild rootfs
make rootfs-initramfs
# rebuild PNOR image
make openpower-pnor-rebuild

After that, write the final image via `pflash` utility on BMC.

--
Regards,
Artem Senichev