Fwd: Petitboot for PS3

Carlos Eduardo de Paula me at carlosedp.com
Fri Nov 20 08:07:15 AEDT 2020

Hi all, recently I've been playing with Linux on my PS3 and would like to
ask a couple questions.

I was able in the petitboot shell to set the timeout for booting an image
by using ps3-bl-options (that uses ps3-flash-util itself) but if I use
these utilities in my booted linux, I get "magic_num failed" error and
can't do any flash operations. I tried loading the ps3flash module and
/dev/ps3flash device appears but still can't set it. Also in linux, the
devices ps3vflash and etc doesn't show up. Any tips on accessing the flash
from booted linux?

Another question, I generated a kernel patch from your tree diff'ing stock
5.8.0 from your 5.8.0, then I fetched mainline 5.9.8 and applied this
patch, built it and added to yaboot.

The kernel boots fine but I don't get network although the interface is
there and after some minutes, I get a kernel oops in the gelic driver.
Here's a print from the error.
[image: 20201119_151317.jpg]

Thanks a lot,
Carlos