[git pull] Fixes for Petitboot 1.7.x

Klaus Heinrich Kiwi klaus at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Jan 29 11:54:37 AEDT 2020

On 1/22/2020 9:57 PM, Jeremy Kerr wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
>> can you pull the fixes below into 1.7.x? We did some IPL testing on
>> a Boston system, and If you're satisfied with them, I think a new
>> 1.7.6 release might be tagged.
> The changeset looks OK to me, under the assumption that we need to
> pull-in new GRUB command support for ongoing compatibility.
>
> However, looks like this breaks the CI:
>
>   https://travis-ci.org/open-power/petitboot/builds/628753854
>
> Could you take a look at this?

I saw that CI break before submitting, but I assumed it was something
with the CI system, given that the offending dm_task_geterrno() function
was added by commit 8b9d8bf "discover/devmapper: Retry dm-device remove
if busy" which is also what got tagged with 1.7.4..  I also can't
reproduce it locally since it apparently builds and "make check" fine on
my Ubuntu 18.04.3-amd64.

I'll see if I can repro this on a similar docker build as Travis is
using, but any other suggestions are welcome in the meanwhile.

Thanks,

  -Klaus

--
Klaus Heinrich Kiwi <klaus at linux.vnet.ibm.com>