Trying to build petitboot for X230

Geoff Levand geoff at infradead.org
Mon Apr 20 10:11:14 AEST 2020

Hi Robin,

On 4/19/20 3:58 PM, Robin C wrote:
> I'm curruntly trying to build petitboot for my lenovo x230 (actualy runs coreboot + tianocore).
>
> I use this tutuorial to build it: https://www.raptorengineering.com/content/kb/1.html
>
> I think it is not up to date, can you confirme or not? I'm stuck on the first part, buildind systemd... I have this errors:

You can use buildroot to do a lot of the work for you.  The key point though is that you need to build your kernel so that it can be loaded directly by your x230's UEFI, so with at least CONFIG_EFI, and CONFIG_EFI_STUB.

I have a buildroot project that I've used to create a UEFI bootable petitboot image for arm64:

  https://github.com/glevand/petitboot--buildroot

See the README.md file.  I think it would not be much different for an x86_84 machine.

-Geoff