Standard location to install device tree files?

Geoff Levand geoff at infradead.org
Sat May 24 03:23:18 EST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, 2014-05-23 at 12:33 +0300, Riku Voipio wrote:

> Back to track, it Seems everyone agrees in putting dtbs under /boot.
> The kernel make install location /boot/dtbs/$(uname -r)/ has been
> preferred (Alex, Paolo), with the other candidate being the fedora
> location /boot/dtb-$uname -r)/.

Just to mention it, petitboot's native config file takes a dtb file path
as an argument in the boot option, so any name or location would be OK,
so as long as the installer writes the option properly to the config
file.  It would be nice, but not at all necessary, if the kernel image,
initrd and dtb file were all on the same mountable device/partition.

Grub seems to have a devicetree command [1], which I think would take a
file path.  Petitboot's grub config parser doesn't support this
devicetree command currently, but we can add it in easily.

[1] https://wiki.linaro.org/LEG/Engineering/Kernel/GRUB

-Geoff