patchwork web UI submitter filter dropdown problems
peter.maydell at linaro.org
Tue Jul 17 02:24:36 EST 2012
The patchwork web UI's dropdown list for filter by submitter
has a number of bugs/UI issues that I keep running into, so I
finally got round to writing them up as a bug report:
1. the dropdown isn't sorted by anything, so if it's a long list
it's really hard to find the name you're looking for. Sorting
by the human name would probably be best, I guess.
2. the auto-fillin of the dropdown as you type things is weird
and unpredictable. Example, on
if you type "peter" it completes to a fairly long list (OK);
type an extra " c" and it doesn't seem to reduce the list;
type an "r" after that (ie "peter cr") and the list does reduce
but still contains entries which don't match, like
"H. Peter Anvin <hpa at kernel.org>".
3. if you type quickly it doesn't seem to always update
4. possibly as a specific case of 3, if you type a few characters
and then use down-arrow,tab to select a completion offered by the
browser, the dropdown doesn't complete at all
5. If you use the submitter filter to produce a filtered list output
page, and then use the browser 'back' button to go back to the
unfiltered page with the filter dialog in it, often some or all
of the filter dialog controls are greyed out and can't be changed
to make a new search
Bonus not-really-filter-by-submitter-related issue:
6. if due to 5. the 'Archived' control is greyed out, you can
still select either the "Yes" or "Both" options, but not "No".
1 and 4 are the ones I find most irritating on a day to day basis.
This is all with Firefox 13.0.1 on Ubuntu (although I've seen them
with much older Firefoxes too).
More information about the Patchwork