[OpenPower-Firmware] HDAT documentation

Krystian Hebel krystian.hebel at 3mdeb.com
Fri May 21 01:09:07 AEST 2021

Hi,

We are working on coreboot support for POWER9.
Recently we have achieved the milestone where we could initialize the
memory on the Talos II platform and start the coreboot ramstage phase [1].

What we would like to achieve next is to start skiboot from coreboot.

We can see that there is this HDAT interface between Hostboot and skiboot
[2] which we probably would need to reimplement.

Sadly, the documentation says that "The HDAT specification is currently
not public.".
Any idea why is that? Can we get some more information about
the HDAT somewhere (apart from reading the Hostboot code)?

[1]
https://github.com/3mdeb/openpower-coreboot-docs/blob/main/releases.md
<https://github.com/3mdeb/openpower-coreboot-docs/blob/main/releases.md>
[2] https://open-power.github.io/skiboot/doc/overview.html#booting