[OpenPower-Firmware] HOMER structure

Daniel M Crowell dcrowell at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 20 04:02:31 AEST 2021

Check out
https://github.com/open-power/docs/blob/master/occ/p9_pmcd_homer.pdf  to
see if it helps.

--
Dan Crowell
Senior Software Engineer - Power Systems Enablement Firmware
IBM Rochester: t/l 553-2987
dcrowell at us.ibm.com

From:	Krystian Hebel <krystian.hebel at 3mdeb.com>
To:	openpower-firmware at lists.ozlabs.org
Cc:	firmware at 3mdeb.com
Date:	07/15/2021 01:18 PM
Subject:	[EXTERNAL] [OpenPower-Firmware] HOMER structure
Sent by:	"OpenPower-Firmware" <openpower-firmware-bounces
            +dcrowell=us.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>

Hello,

Our work on coreboot port for Talos II got to the point where we have to
start
cores other than the one booted by SBE. As part of the procedure of
bringing
them up we have to prepare HOMER structure (istep 15.1 in Hostboot, IPL
documentation [1] swaps 15.1 with 15.2). So far we have been trying to
parse
Hostboot's code that builds it, but that seems to take eternity.

Is there any documentation that would explain the layout (preferably both
structural and functional), better than the one that can be found in IPL
just
after 24.1? This would make our job much easier. Otherwise we are forced to
keep on going through the code, not only Hostboot's, but probably also
HCODE
and/or OCC to understand what happens there.

[1]
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/open-power/docs/master/hostboot/P9_Boot_Flow_OpenPOWER.pdf

--
Krystian Hebel