[OpenPower-Firmware] How to flash openPOWER on a Habanero system (8348-21C)

Jakub Cajka jcajka at redhat.com
Sat Feb 6 02:13:02 AEDT 2021

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dan Horák" <dan at danny.cz>

For the tyan's habaneros that we own personally. I think that they share most parts with the lc822, if they are not practically identical on hw side.

IIRC I have updated one of them to the latest FW available(both pnor and bmc) from the tyan website(it changed the RAM population order compared to the stock FW, change in RAM interleave??). I have done that flash from Debian via pflash. I think that I have done all the followup flashes with self built pnor, for same reason as you, from the petitboot shell(via either pflash or update_flash) or from the BMC webui.

I hope I remember that correctly and that it will be helpful. I'm looking forward to the weekend as I might be able to finally again power up one of those tyans. They are really loud(~90db range...) and I couldn't run them for the past year because of that.

JC