[OpenPower-Firmware] Problem with CCS

Krystian Hebel krystian.hebel at 3mdeb.com
Thu Apr 22 19:58:48 AEST 2021

(Sending again, first mail was bounced off, sorry if someone receives
this for a second time)

Thanks, I wish I knew about this earlier, this is indeed a great aid in
debugging. It is even worth waiting for a couple of hours to (re)build
the image :)

As for my problem, it is solved now. The immediate cause was bad global
PHY offset in RC_CONFIG0 register. I tried to get fancy and hardcode
values from talos-MEMD.tvpd before we had implemented VPD parser and I
must have downloaded wrong file, as the values in it don't make sense.
Now I can't even find the exact version of file in repository, so
probably I accidentally overwrote it with garbage.

Thank you again, this definitely pushed us forward.

On 09.04.2021 21:04, Daniel M Crowell wrote:

> > No, I haven't. How can I get it?
>
> > > Have you attempted to get a complete scom trace from the original
> Hostboot code and compare it to your new code? That is a pretty
> typical debug strategy on our side when migrating from the initial
> hardware bringup scripts into the firmware implementation.
>
> For the Hostboot side of things you can enable console traces out to
> the console with this change in your <system>.config file
> set CONSOLE_OUTPUT_TRACE
>

> To enable full scom tracing, change this TRACSCOMP into a TRACFCOMP
> _https://github.com/open-power/hostboot/blob/59772b9569e74080cd6294f076be53fdf7db9db6/src/include/usr/fapi2/fapiPlatTrace.H#L74_
> Or you can change the attribute value (HB_SETTINGS. traceScanDebug)
> that enables it if you want to bound it.
> _https://github.com/open-power/hostboot/blob/59772b9569e74080cd6294f076be53fdf7db9db6/src/usr/targeting/common/xmltohb/attribute_types.xml#L2134_
>
> Warning - your are going to see A LOT of output, so pipe it out to a
> file somewhere.
>
> --
> Dan Crowell
> Senior Software Engineer - Power Systems Enablement Firmware
> dcrowell at us.ibm.com

Krystian Hebel
Firmware Engineer
https://3mdeb.com | @3mdeb_com