[OpenPower-Firmware] LPC Address space questions

Marty E. Plummer hanetzer at startmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:51:30 AEDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 09, 2020 at 01:44:34AM +0000, Daniel M Crowell wrote:
>> What would a situation 'no functional memory behind proc0' look
>> like in practice? No dram plugged into the proc0 sockets, or busted
>> dram?
> Yes, either case could cause it.  Either nothing is installed or we find errors and
> deconfigure/gard what is installed.
So, for example's sake (not aware of too many different kinds of p9
systems tbh) lets use the Raptor Computing BlackBird as the device in
question. One cpu socket, two dram sockets. Assuming 'normal operation',
this lpc address space will end up always at the location mentioned
earlier, and it only gets complex on multi-cpu systems?