[OpenPower-Firmware] Infiniband network boot kernel config additions

Klaus Heinrich Kiwi klaus at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu May 14 10:22:21 AEST 2020

On 4/16/2020 7:37 PM, Daniel M. Weeks wrote:
> On 4/16/20 5:34 PM, Dan Horák wrote:
>> On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 17:09:18 -0400
> Agreed. I missed that when sending; it's leftover from early testing
> (firmware that didn't handle kexec gracefully).
>
>> The Infiniband enabled skiroot kernel config could go into
>> openpower/custom/configs in op-build.
>>

> That's how I have it setup now for my purposes. I figure if this feature
> is in the tree at some point, then some platforms may include it and not
> others. However, it appears almost all platforms share
> skiroot_defconfig. Maybe it could just be included for all platforms but
> I had a similar concern as above where it could bloat some platforms too
> much.

Are you planning on contributing any of this upstream?

openpower/custom is specifically designed for "not-for-upstream" stuff
so that it's easy to rebase with a newer op-build (i.e., we won't touch
any of that on our upstream tree).

If you need to enable Kernel config pieces that are not part of
skiroot_defconfig (and will never be), my suggestion is to put them on
openpower/linux/ipoib.fragment and refer to them in platform _defconfig
files with
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CONFIG_FRAGMENT_FILES=\
"$(BR2_EXTERNAL_OP_BUILD_PATH)/configs/linux/ipoib.fragment"

  -Klaus

--
Klaus Heinrich Kiwi <klaus at linux.vnet.ibm.com>