[OpenPower-Firmware] op-build v2.5-rc1 released

Daniel M Crowell dcrowell at us.ibm.com
Fri May 1 23:33:09 AEST 2020

Currently just Witherspoon I believe.  There is a MRW property to enable
it.

		 <attribute>
		 		 <id>IS_MPIPL_SUPPORTED</id>
		 		 <default>1</default>
		 </attribute>

--
Dan Crowell
Senior Software Engineer - Power Systems Enablement Firmware
dcrowell at us.ibm.com

From:	Stewart Smith <stewart at flamingspork.com>
To:	Klaus Heinrich Kiwi <klaus at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Cc:	openpower-firmware at lists.ozlabs.org
Date:	04/30/2020 07:45 PM
Subject:	[EXTERNAL] Re: [OpenPower-Firmware] op-build v2.5-rc1 released
Sent by:	"OpenPower-Firmware" <openpower-firmware-bounces
            +dcrowell=us.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>

> On 30 Apr 2020, at 12:34, Klaus Heinrich Kiwi <klaus at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Release Notes for OpenPower Firmware v2.5-rc1
>
> op-build v2.5-rc1 was released on Thursday, April 30th, 2020. It should
become the next stable release of op-build, following on
> from v2.4, first released on July 28th, 2019.
>
> In addition to a number of bugfixes and re-factors, plus the 3 new
platforms listed below, this release also brings new features
> since v2.4, to highlight a few:
>
> -  Memory Preserving Initial Program Load (MPIPL): a Power feature where
the contents of memory are preserved while the system
>   reboots after a failure.

What platforms is this enabled for?