[OpenPower-Firmware] A few questions about early hostboot

Marty E. Plummer hanetzer at startmail.com
Thu Sep 26 07:11:55 AEST 2019

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 12:05:08PM -0500, Dean Sanner wrote:
> > > I would recommend that you do a "pdbg -p0 -c4 -t0 hrmor" to determine
> > > the memory location where the HBBL is loaded (usually 0x08200000 or
> > > 0xF8200000 -- depends on where you started in op-build)
> > >
> > Forgive me if I'm missing something simple, but I can't find any
> > reference to a hrmor command in the pdbg source or by strings'ing the
> > binaries.
>
> erm -- not sure that pdbg supports it... but would be a getspr like this:
> "pdbg -p0 -c4 -t0 gethrmor"
Checking  the source code seems to indicate that getspr 313 should
return it; on stock hostboot it pops out xome 0x8xxxx address. However I
can't get my cooked image to quiesce all the threads; ends up showing
threads 0-3 on core 3 being 'A' according to threadstatus... Is there a
'quiesce' opcode one can use, like the nap one?