[OpenPower-Firmware] [POWER8] OCC Firdata over IPMI

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Wed May 29 10:29:54 AEST 2019

On Wed, 29 May 2019, at 07:03, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> Everything I have observed so far has the correct ecc calculation.
> Another thing that could cause the symptom being see is that the pnor
> as not been erased. If the existing value of a pnor 8 byte field is ff
> ff ff ff ff ff ff ff 00 and new data is written w/o an "erase" then the
> new data would look fine, except the ecc byte would not be changed from
> 00.
> When does the erase happen?

mboxd performs the erase when flushing changed regions to flash.

Artem: It might be interesting to capture the DBus traffic when the OCC FIR data
write occurs. It might help determine whether it's the protocol parameters or
the data that is broken. This can be done with:

# busctl capture > /tmp/dbus.pcap

Separately, was there a github issue open for this? I think it's probably time
we tracked the problem somewhere more convenient than on a mailing list.

Cheers,

Andrew