[OpenPower-Firmware] P9 XIP Binary Format Documentation?

J Lynn j at jaesharp.com
Sun Jun 30 18:50:11 AEST 2019

Greetings Fellow OpenPOWER Firmware Hackers,

I'm looking into information stored on the P9 SEEPROM and, while the
relevant open source p9_xip_* code (in hcode, sbe and hostboot repos) is
extremely illustrative, there's a reference to an authoritative format
specification.

Unfortunately, it seems that this spec is an internal IBM document which
hasn't yet been published.

The relevant reference is found at:

https://github.com/open-power/hcode/blob/99461d21572673f63e06afb38176853b184e6c3f/import/chips/p9/xip/p9_xip_image.C

on line 33.

The link is:

https://mcdoc.boeblingen.de.ibm.com/out/out.ViewDocument.php?documentid=2678

I've looked around but, sadly, I've yet to find any reference and, so
far, searches for "P9-XIP Binary Format" have turned up only the
previous source references.

Would anyone be able to look into and/or release this document for
public consumption?

Cheers! - J