[OpenPower-Firmware] eSEL parser for P9

Artem Senichev artemsen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 21:54:36 AEST 2019

Hi all,

We bringup our new server - Nicole, it's a P9 Romulus based machine.
One of the problems I encountered is the analysis of errors
generated by hostboot.

For P8 servers, we use the `errl` utility to parse eSEL. Some time
ago I received this tool from IBM as a binary file for the i386
platform. Of course, this version is not intended for use with the
P9, many fields are not parsed completely (I get 'Unrecognized FFDC').

I have built tools from https://github.com/open-power/errl and
https://github.com/open-power/libopalevents, but these programs give
me a general description only. As I understood, I need to compile
`errl` with plugin support to get human readable attribute values.
But there is no any documentation how to do it.

Can anyone share secret knowledge how can I build `errl` to use it
for our P9 machine?
Or, may be there is exist a prebuilt binary tool that you use for
Romulus?

--
Regards,
Artem Senichev