[OpenPower-Firmware] security fixes for meltdown/spectre on P8

Sergey Kachkin s.kachkin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 02:41:30 AEDT 2018

Hi Stewart,

We are building PNOR for our own P8 system and I'm cc'ing  the BMC-PNOR
team.
I've read that firmware to mitigate Spectre/Meltdown vulnerabilities have
been released on S8*LC systems but situation with OpenPOWER is not clear
yet.

To be honest I'm not sure what code exactly IBM implemented on their
machines but wondering if there any plans to contribute this code to
OpenPOWER (if not already done)?

thanks,

regards,
Sergey