[OpenPower-Firmware] Limit the CPU frequency

Artem Senichev artemsen at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 17:56:38 AEST 2018

Hi guys,

We have some hardware problem with 12-cores P8 CPU running at high
load with maximum frequency.
A workaround is to limit the frequency from the OS (for example, using
`cpupower frequency-set`).

Fixing this issue can take a lot of time, so I want to use the
workaround as a temporary solution, but I want to set the upper limit
in the firmware layer to prevent it from being changed by the OS
kernel.

Is it possible to limit the maximum CPU's frequency from hostboot or skiboot?

--
Artem Senichev
Software Engineer, YADRO.