[OpenPower-Firmware] moving op-build dev from master-next to master

Andrew Donnellan andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com
Wed Jan 11 17:15:33 AEDT 2017

On 11/01/17 17:03, Stewart Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Currently, all new development work goes into op-build master-next
> branch before moving to master close to the time where we tag a release.
>
> This is rather different to literally every other project that uses git.
>
> It's time we change.
>
> After 1.14 (due Jan 18th), unless there's any strong objections, we'll
> enact the following:
>
> - pull requests start going to master: it's where development happens.
> - master-next branch is deleted
> - a vendor doing a release should branch off the most recent tagged
>   release.
> - stable branches, like v1.10.y will continue as-is

If this could be documented in the README or a CONTRIBUTING.md or
something, that would be helpful.

FWIW the one time I submitted a minor documentation fix to op-build I
made the mistake of pull-request-ing against master rather than
master-next, this is easy enough to do but even easier when there's no
contributor documentation.

--
Andrew Donnellan              OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnellan at au1.ibm.com  IBM Australia Limited