Request for a new vue3 branch in webui-vue

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Jun 27 07:39:31 AEST 2024

On Wed, Jun 26, 2024 at 02:46:29PM -0600, Gunnar M wrote:
> Kiran and his team have volunteered to sync patches merged to master to this new 'vue3' branch bi-weekly. Thank you, Kiran! When the migration to Vue 3 is complete, and all commits are synced over, this 'vue3' branch will become the 'master' branch.

We need to be careful about how we do this.  You don't want it to appear
on github as a rewrite of the "master" branch and we absolutely need to
at least keep the vue2 code in some branch so that it doesn't get pruned
from the github history.  If we don't do this, it will become impossible
for people to build older OpenBMC releases.

I would suggest either:

    a. We do the opposite: create a 'vue2' branch and update the recipe
       to point at it.

    b. We use this as an opportunity to migrate from 'master' to 'main'
       and use 'main' as the vue3 branch.

--
Patrick Williams