OpenBMC Test Robot Framework 7.0: changes in the repository and new branch check point for older version

GEORGE KEISHING gkeishin at in.ibm.com
Wed Jun 26 02:42:58 AEST 2024

Greeting,

                This is to notify that, due to Robot Framework 7.0 is a new major release  ( Readme: https://github.com/robotframework/robotframework/releases/tag/v7.0 )  we have tested and changes ready to apply for the OpenBMC test repository soon ETA July 1st, 2024

                Last supported branch for older robot framework versions less than 7.0
Branch: v5.0-stable
Release note: https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/releases/tag/v5.0-stable
Please point to this branch if you still want to continue using the older versions of robot packages in your setup.

Current Commits changes to merge ETA July 1st, 2024 w.r.t Robot Framework 7.0:
The main master branch changes will be at version.
                              Robot Framework 7.0 (Python 3.11.9 on linux)
Note: Works as well with Python 3.10.12

               As part of major update changes, we are holding the merge of the following to give OpenBMC test users to ready for these upgrades.

Robot file code changes in repository with new syntax:
                https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc-test-automation/+/68906
Build script changes for Jenkins HW CI test:
               https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc-build-scripts/+/71828

                                                https://gerrit.openbmc.org/q/topic:%22robotframework+7.0%22
                                                https://github.com/robotframework/robotframework/releases/tag/v7.0

               Please reach us out on discord for any further queries: https://discord.gg/Wk3AEfXz