Help with GPIO event in SEL

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Wed Jul 24 04:55:12 AEST 2024

On 7/20/2024 3:52 AM, Bala Subramaniyan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently working with Hard and Software Tamper events where i need
> to log the GPIO events to SEL in both IPMI and REDFISH.
>
> I have configured Temperature, Fan, PWM and ADC to SEL through Entity
> Manager and by creating IPMI and REDFISH template in rsyslog.
>
> Kindly guide me in logging GPIO events to SEL.

If you already have this working for other types of events, then the
approach will be similar, but you will need to find or define the new
event type.

For Redfish, this will be a new message in the Registry.  You can look
in the existing Registries to see if an appropriate Message is already
defined:
https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/redfish-core/include/registries/base_message_registry.hpp.

For IPMI, I'm less familiar.  You may need to define a new discrete
sensor for your Tamper events that you can assert/de-assert.  However, I
don't remember if anyone has added support for discrete sensor events in
IPMI yet, so that may be a bigger change.