Using QEMU how to redirect serial /dev/ttyS2 output of guest machine to host machine.

Abhishek Singh Dagur abhishek at drut.io
Sat Mar 18 00:13:06 AEDT 2023

Hi all,

We are using obmc-phosphor-image on an ast2500 board which is trying to
communicate with other devices over serial port /dev/ttyS2.
As we are trying to emulate the machine on qemu we need to redirect the
request to the host machine so that it can handle this request and return
appropriately.
We tried using QEMU options like -serial ,-chardev but still not the
concrete way we get to do it.

It will be very helpful if you can provide us some guidance on this.

Thank you,
Abhishek