[RFC] BMC RAS Feature

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Tue Mar 21 21:40:39 AEDT 2023

On Tue, Mar 21, 2023 at 12:14:45AM -0500, Supreeth Venkatesh wrote:

> #### Alternatives Considered
>
> In-band mechanisms using System Management Mode (SMM) exists.
>
> However, out of band method to gather RAS data is processor specific.

How does this compare with existing implementations in
phosphor-debug-collector.  I believe there was some attempt to extend
P-D-C previously to handle Intel's crashdump behavior.  The repository
currently handles IBM's processors, I think, or maybe that is covered by
openpower-debug-collector.

In any case, I think you should look at the existing D-Bus interfaces
(and associated Redfish implementation) of these repositories and
determine if you can use those approaches (or document why now).

--
Patrick Williams