Howto Add A Single File To evb-ast2500 rootfs

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Fri Mar 17 11:25:18 AEDT 2023

On 3/16/23 1:37 PM, David Bashaw wrote:
> I am new to Yocto and am trying to figure out how to add a simple
> shell script to the rootfs bin directory with no luck so far. Tried
> adding a .bbappend file but got warnings about that. How can I add
> this file for evb-ast2500 target? /DJ
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
> This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender
> You have not previously corresponded with this sender.
> ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
> I am new to Yocto and am trying to figure out how to add a simple
> shell script to the rootfs bin directory with no luck so far.
>
> Tried adding a .bbappend file but got warnings about that.
> How can I add this file for evb-ast2500 target?

Here is an example from a current gerrit review how to add a file to the
BMC's readonly file system.  I think this is the right pattern.
https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/61582/5/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/users/phosphor-user-manager_git.bb

This recipe change adds file upgrade_hostconsole_group.sh into the BMC's
readonly file system as /bin/upgrade_hostconsole_group.sh.
That shell program is then used by the user manager service, per changes
here:
https://gerrit.openbmc.org/c/openbmc/openbmc/+/61582/5/meta-phosphor/recipes-phosphor/users/phosphor-user-manager/xyz.openbmc_project.User.Manager.service

Joseph