TOF elections for 2023H1

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Tue Jan 31 10:47:21 AEDT 2023

Hello everyone,

I'm behind at getting this email out.

Per https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/tof/membership-and-voting.md,
the schedule for TOF elections is suppose to be as follows:

  * Jan 1st	- Developer contributions close for OpenBMC Development Community
              membership eligibility (See “Metrics”).
  * Jan 15th - Current TOF must publish a list of eligible voting members.
  * Jan 30th - Nominations (self or peer) for TOF seats must be sent to the
               mailing list.
  * Jan 30th - Developers disputing membership eligibility must submit a
               petition request to the current TOF.
  * Feb 15th - Current TOF must publish a final list of eligible voting members
               and upcoming candidates for TOF seats.
  * March 1st - Election begins.
  * March 7th - Election concludes.

Since today is January 30th (in my part of the world) we are ~15 days
behind.  The following will be the schedule for this half:

  * Jan 30th - Current TOF must publish a list of eligible voting members.
  * Feb 15th - Nominations (self or peer) for TOF seats must be sent to the
               mailing list.
  * Feb 15th - Developers disputing membership eligibility must submit a
               petition request to the current TOF.
  * Feb 22st - Current TOF must publish a final list of eligible voting members
               and upcoming candidates for TOF seats.
  * March 1st - Election begins.
  * March 7th - Election concludes.

The only real change here is that we will extend TOF membership petitions and
TOF nominiations until Feb 15th.

With that said...

A. The current election roll-call is available at:
        https://github.com/openbmc/tof-election/blob/main/2023H1/rollcall.json

B. We have 4 members who's 1 year term has ended, which means there are 4
   positions up for election.  These members have an ending term and may
   be renominated:
        * Andrew Jeffery
        * Jason Bills
        * Patrick Williams
        * William Kennington

C. Nominations for (B) may be sent to the mailing list by replying to
   this email.  Only those eligible to vote may be nominated.

D. Disagreements with (A) may be petitioned for inclusion at:
        https://github.com/openbmc/technical-oversight-forum/issues

--
Patrick Williams