dbus-sensors, present and future

Jeremy Kerr jk at codeconstruct.com.au
Thu Jan 12 15:16:35 AEDT 2023

Hi Zev,

With a large caveat of not having scoured through the omnisensor repo
much yet: I'm love this approach; the arguments I think are well
justified. From what I've seen of the example so far, it seems quite neat.

One other consideration that I care about is what should be included in
the sensors implementation; there is some functionality there that goes
beyond the scope of a simple sensor implementation, and is more around a
subsystem-specific service that *happens* to also expose sensors. We may
want to craft some guidelines around that.

But yep, looks great! Once I have some spare cycles, I'd be keen to
check this out further.

Cheers,

Jeremy