OpenBMC obmc-op-control-power

Andrew Geissler geissonator at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 05:34:08 AEST 2023

> On Jul 31, 2023, at 4:37 PM, Karthik Paladugula <karthik.paladugula at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Andrew!
>
> I see from the email archives found here: https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/ that you proposed back in November 2022 that obmc-op-control-power_git.bb be renamed to phosphor-skeleton-control-power_git.bb and that it will be removed eventually. I wanted to check up on that in this email and ask if you might know what the situation surrounding that package is now?

Hi Karthik, I added on the openbmc mailing list to cc as if you have the question, there’s a good chance someone else will some day.

The overall goal is to get rid of the skeleton repository. As you noted, I did a bit of clean up a while (ago)[1] and at least broke out the skeleton recipe to include its name. I think the only way we finally get rid of skeleton is when someone  goes back to at least the systems we support in CI and moves them to the phosphor-power version, or we eventually remove the servers from CI that are using skeleton. I don’t currently have any plans to do this work.

If you’re interested in working on it, you could push up a change to gerrit that removes the skeleton recipe and see what fails.

Andrew

[1]: https://lists.ozlabs.org/pipermail/openbmc/2022-November/032457.html