What is the purpose of xyz.openbmc_project.Inventory.Item.Global interface and getGlobalPath in HealthPopulate ?

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Sep 16 04:50:23 AEST 2022

On 9/14/2022 8:16 AM, Francine Sauvage wrote:

> I would like to set the Status/Health of a target directly that target
> is not a sensor.
>
> I saw HealthPopulate, composed of 2 parts:
>
>   * getAllStatusAssociations like all_sensors => linked to a rela sensor
>     => not interested
>   * getGlobalPath => cannot understand how it works ? Should I add this
>     interface to a dbus object, and the magic appears ?
>
> I would be grateful if you have any example !

As I understand it, Inventory.Item.Global is a way to designate what
resources should have the Redfish health rollup from their children.

Inventory Items like Chassis or System would be good candidates for this
Inventory.Item.Global interface. An example is a Redfish Chassis with
Health Rollup from children resources like power supplies and fans.

https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/redfish-health-rolllup.md

https://github.com/openbmc/phosphor-dbus-interfaces/blob/1133524601de2ffc27ddcbd05ff6afc8b5cc1420/yaml/xyz/openbmc_project/Inventory/Item/Global.interface.yaml

https://github.com/openbmc/bmcweb/blob/master/redfish-core/lib/health.hpp

https://github.com/openbmc/s2600wf-misc/commit/dc7bbdcb62c593011671afe30471cc8fff6ebb19