Is there a way to get CPU model from PECI bus

Bills, Jason M jason.m.bills at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 14 02:36:32 AEST 2022

Hi Nikita

On 9/13/2022 8:38 AM, Nikita Pavlov wrote:
> Hi Jason,
> I use libpeci bus to get some information about CPUs. Now I can read CPU
> family and stepping number when I use this function peci_GetCPUID.
> Is there a way to get CPU model information though PECI like this 4116
> (Intel Xeon Silver 4116) ?

Do you mean you are looking for the processor version string?  I don't
see anywhere that is available over PECI.

 From PECI, you get just the CPUID dword which gives the extended
family, extended model, family, model, and stepping numbers.

If you need the version string, it looks like it may be available in the
SMBIOS tables.  Type 4 is the Processor Information structure which
contains a string for Processor Version that our BIOS populates with the
processor version string.