How to use phosphor-multi-gpio-monitor for GPIOs with both edge but different behaviors

Thang Nguyen OS thang at os.amperecomputing.com
Fri Oct 28 22:23:43 AEDT 2022

Hi,

Do you know how to support GPIOs with both edges but different
behaviors? For example, I have a GPIO named OverTemp and I would like to
support like below:

- OverTemp = 1: power OFF the Host to protect the hardware. And lock the
power control.

- OverTemp = 0: unlock the power control.

Although phosphor-multi-gpio-monitor support BOTH attribute, I have not
found any way to check current value of GPIO to do the appropriate
behavior. I can't also specify 2 entries in
phosphor-multi-gpio-monitor.json with RISING and FALLING respectively as
the first one will block the GPIO line. So, to support this behavior I
can just specify the GPIO as gpio-keys in device tree and use
phosphor-gpio-monitor to support different edges, with is not expected.

It is helpful if you have any idea to use phosphor-multi-gpio-monitor to
support or any idea on changing phosphor-multi-gpio-monitor to support this.

Thanks,

Thang Q. Nguyen -