OpenBmc contribution

Zev Weiss zweiss at equinix.com
Wed Nov 9 18:22:22 AEDT 2022

On Tue, Nov 08, 2022 at 10:28:01PM PST, Sandeep Kumar wrote:
>TCS Confidential
>
>Hi,
>
>Any input on the below query?
>
>Thanks,
>Sandeep.
>

>TCS Confidential

Hi Sandeep,

Bear in mind that people working on OpenBMC are in many different time
zones around the world (and are often generally busy themselves) -- as a
matter of etiquette I'd suggest waiting a bit more than 18 hours before
following up to prod the list for a response.

To address your question, I'm not aware of any project-wide rules on
that, so I'd guess it probably depends on (a) the nature of the patch in
question, and (b) the judgement of the maintainer(s) of the repo you're
working on.  Feel free to post a patch to gerrit with a description of
the testing you've done; if the maintainers feel your testing is
insufficient for your patch they'll let you know.

Zev