Webui-vue: table multisort feature.

Gunnar Mills gmills at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 1 02:48:49 AEDT 2022

On 10/14/2022 10:34 AM, Nikolay Chegodaev wrote:

>> What tables are you attempting to add multi-sort to?
>    We attempting to multi-sorting on the Sensors page.
>    It seems suitable to sort by units and status the data
>    that was already sorted in the naming order in
>    our current situation.

Would more filters (e.g. filters for status and units) on the sensor
page be a better solution here?

>> Sandeepa and I looked at this vue-tables-2 and our concern is the single
>> contributor. We are also concerned about what else might break. Could
>> you explain more why multi-sort is so needed?
>    The only possible explanation is that we have a necessity to
>    implement the feature on Sensors page to sort first by the
>    Sensors names, then add the sorting by units and status fields
>    to that results. Some of our critical combinations could easily
>    be found this way.
>
>    Yes, there is only one contributor on this project.
>    Majority of the projects a checked recently are all maintained by 1-2 persons.
>    It seems, that 1 component projects are too to be supported by a larger teams.
>

>    The support on vue-tables-2 is pretty decent, quite similar to the one
>    of free Antiviruses community support - though the documentation is not
>    quite detailed on some new features, the author seems to actively support
>    his project and the answers are quite often and detailed as well.
>    That is why I actually choose this component of all others - because of
>    somewhat acceptable support in comparison to other small projects.

If more filters does not work, feel free to push a prototype to Gerrit
and we can weight the cons and pros of vue-tables-2 vs bootstrap-vue tables.

We still have concerns about the support of vue-tables-2 and want to
ensure that no current features break.

The GUI work group meeting on Discord (last Wednesday of each month @
10:00 AM CT) might be another good place to discuss this.

Thx,
Gunnar