Virtual Media upstream status

Czarnowski, Przemyslaw przemyslaw.hawrylewicz.czarnowski at linux.intel.com
Wed May 4 18:02:14 AEST 2022

Hi group.

activities (to both existing and new code). And to make update seamless
and effective.

As service upstream is little stalled waiting for UT to be completed
(almost completed), I wanted to attack the problem from another surface.
I've pushed bmcweb patches as it got old since first submission.

There are two blocking problems I am aware of in current nbd_proxy code.
First is that compilation fails. The second is a race appearing
sometimes during disconnection. But those are the simple ones.

There is more to rework for redfish part. There are two patches
* Make status of InsertMedia action consistent (I29d53483)
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/53343/1
* Apply async dbus API (I1d016126)
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/bmcweb/+/53345/1

First one addresses simple problem with inconsistent responses from rest
api calls connected with actions. Proxy mode does not support
InsertMedia action, but is implemented for legacy so response has to be
applied accordingly. It has been fixed with some code generalization.

The second one applies latest design changes
(https://github.com/openbmc/docs/blob/master/designs/virtual-media.md,
dbus communication part).

Those are must-have changes to work with the service state we upstream
at the moment.

After service upstream is completed changes removing nbd_proxy option in
meson has to be reverted as the last part.

No more activities are planned now from out side, but later on we may
focus on adding privileges support for websockets (AFAIK it is not
supported on level of web server yet).

--
Best regards,
Przemyslaw Czarnowski