IPMI Restriction Mode

Kumar Thangavel kumarthangavel.hcl at gmail.com
Wed May 4 00:16:02 AEST 2022

Hi Vernon,

     We may need to write our own custom filter for other channels as you
suggested.
     While implementing this, we need some clarifications.

     1. How can we map channel Id's with settingsd restriction mode
dbus-objects ?
     2. The Ipmb channel has multiple devices in our system, How can we
handle and apply this multiple Ipmb interfaces with
settingsd restriction mode dbus-objects ?

     Please refer below link for multiple Ipmb channels for our system.

https://github.com/openbmc/openbmc/blob/master/meta-facebook/recipes-phosphor/ipmi/phosphor-ipmi-ipmb/yosemitev2/ipmb-channels.json

      Already we have "hostIdx'' in ipmi::Context struct, which represents
the data coming from which hosts. Even Though if we plan to use this
"hostIdx" ,  it is still not clear how we can map this "hostIdx'' with
settingsd restriction mode dbus-objects.

   Otherwise, can we have some Schema(Rules) to follow the channel order
for this channel and devices(settingsd dbus-objects) mapping ?
    Ex:   First 4 or 6 channel is for host 1 - host4
             Next channel is for  Debug card,
             Rest of the channel is for other devices.

   I think we need to maintain this order in settingsd config file and
ipmb-channels.json config file for this channel and device mapping.

  Could you please provide your suggestion on this.

Thanks,
Kumar.