Multi-led configuration in dts

Alexander A. Filippov a.filippov at yadro.com
Fri Mar 25 00:42:17 AEDT 2022

On Thu, Mar 24, 2022 at 06:26:07PM +0530, sri d wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am working on implementing Power and system identification LEDs, in which LEDs are connected to GPIO pins directly. I need to handle two colors (blue & yellow) for LEDs in *.dts file.
> In phosphor-led-sysfs repo, whether multi-led configuration is handled ? https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/leds/leds-class-multicolor.yaml

You could define them as two standalone LED and manage them separately.
It works fine even for a paired LED until you want to synchronized switching
(for example: the blinking of mixed color).

> As far as I analyzed, multi-led seems to work for dedicated LED controllers and not for GPIO pins directly. Is there a way we can make it work for directly connected GPIOs ?
> https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-5.9-Multi-Color-LEDs

The multi-color LEDs are not supported by the gpio-led driver yet.

We have a desire to implement multi-color LED support in gpio-led driver, but
it's a low priority task and I can't tell when it will be done. :)

--
Cheers,
Alexander