BMCWeb support new HTTP headers Referrer-Policy and Feature-Policy renamed to Permissions-Policy

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Sat Jul 23 06:31:25 AEST 2022

BMCWeb maintainers,

This is a request to add new HTTP headers.  Some of the newer dynamic
security scanners are looking for the "new" HTTP headers and complain if
they are not present.  The headers include:
- Referrer-Policy
- Permissions-Policy
- Feature-Policy renamed to Permissions-Policy

Should we support these in BMCWeb?  Maybe as hard-coded response header.
For example, for the Permissions-Policy, would we ever need to
accelerometer or microphone?
When selecting the Referrer-Policy we should select secure default
values, and also consider the Web GUI development scenario when the Web
site is hosted off of the BMC.

I am not an expert on HTTP headers and I do not know what values to
use.  My purpose is to determine if these headers are useful (I believe
they are) and update BMCWeb to set some sane values.

Joseph