No dbus objects for phosphor-regulators

Mike Jones proclivis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 09:15:19 AEDT 2022

Hi,

I need some help getting phosphor-power/phosphor-regulators to add dbus objects.

I made a config file below, and verified that it is on the target and loads without error.

When the target boots, using a I2C spy tool, the 0xDD command is being read periodically, suggesting that this service is processing the read command, and a query show the service is up.

Using dbus-monitor –system, I do not see any transactions that place these sensor read values on dbus, nor does the normal probing the chassis and inventory show values.

My bbappend is shown below, it is simple, but I wonder what is missing.

What else do I need to so that there are dbus objects?

Note I have not done anything to intentionally use open_power. My goal is to only use phosphor-regulators to expose some telemetry that hwmon does not support.

Mike

*************** phosphor-power_%.bbappend ************

FILESEXTRAPATHS:prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"

inherit obmc-phosphor-systemd

SRC_URI += file://config.json
do_install:append(){
    install -D ${WORKDIR}/config.json ${D}${datadir}/phosphor-regulators/config.json
}
FILES:${PN} += "${datadir}/phosphor-regulators/config.json"

************* config file ****************

{
  "comments": [ "Config file for a ADI one-chassis system" ],

  "rules": [
    {
      "comments": [ "Sets output voltage for a PMBus regulator rail" ],
      "id": "set_voltage_rule",
      "actions": [
        {
          "pmbus_write_vout_command": {
            "format": "linear"
          }
        }
      ]
    },

    {
      "comments": [ "Reads sensors from a PMBus regulator rail" ],
      "id": "read_sensors_rule",
      "actions": [
        {
          "comments": [ "Read output voltage from READ_VOUT." ],
          "pmbus_read_sensor": {
            "type": "vout",
            "command": "0xDD",
            "format": "linear_16"
          }
        }
      ]
    }
  ],

  "chassis": [
    {
      "comments": [ "Chassis number 1 containing CPUs and memory" ],
      "number": 1,
      "inventory_path": "system/chassis",
      "devices": [
        {
          "comments": [ "LTC3888 regulator producing the Vdd rail" ],
          "id": "vdd_regulator",
          "is_regulator": true,
          "fru": "system/chassis/motherboard/regulator1",
          "i2c_interface": {
            "bus": 11,
            "address": "0x4f"
          },