Procedure for the send review on u-boot patch

Joel Stanley joel at jms.id.au
Fri Jan 14 09:40:40 AEDT 2022

Hello,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 at 08:52, logananth hcl <logananth13.hcl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hai All,
>
> In openbmc/u-boot repo(branch - v2016.07-aspeed-openbmc)
> https://github.com/openbmc/u-boot/tree/v2016.07-aspeed-openbmc
>
> I want to send a review on this particular branch in u-boot through upstream.
> Is there any specific procedure to upstream it,
> kindly provide your suggestions.

I strongly recommend using the newer v2019.04 based branch for any new
system you're bringing up.

However, if you insist on the older branch, you can send patches to
the list for it. Indicate in the subject that they are for the old
branch:

git format-patch --subject-prefix "PATCH u-boot v2017.07-aspeed-openbmc"

Cheers,

Joel