[ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'u-boot-default-env']

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Jan 6 04:01:42 AEDT 2022

On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 04:40:52PM +0530, Nikhil V wrote:

>     Trying to implement openbmc on SAMA5D27 development board and to use secure boot feature provided by microchip. To make openbmc more secure.

I don't have much help on your specific problem, but I think there is some
surprise in your use of this chip for a few reasons.

   - This isn't really a BMC-oriented chip and is likely missing hardware that
     a BMC would typically have for interacting with the host processors.

   - The A5 core in this chip is probably slower than the AST2500 (or maybe in
     the same ballpark) which is already a generation behind.

   - Aspeed has secure boot support also / already.

This isn't to say that you might not be able to get the SAMA5D27 working as a
BMC-like device for your system, but the fact that nobody else has decided to
build a server around it would give me a bit of concern if it showed up in a
system design I was working on.

--
Patrick Williams