[hostlogger] Trailing LF is dropped from host logger to rsyslog

Spencer Ku (古世瑜) Spencer.Ku at quantatw.com
Fri Feb 25 20:00:53 AEDT 2022

Hi Heyi,
Phosphor-hostlooger in stream mode forwards the byte stream into rsyslog via the imuxsock module. The log is persisted via the omfile module as soon as collected.
So we need to use imuxsock module to transfer the data. The below sample is my rsyslog settings:

module(load="imuxsock" SysSock.Use="off")

template(name="ConsoleTemplate" type="string" string="%rawmsg%")

ruleset(name="ConsoleRuleset") {
  action(type="omfile" file="/var/log/console/log" template="ConsoleTemplate")
}

# Custom socket for serial console logs.
input(type="imuxsock"
  Socket="/run/rsyslog/console_input"
  CreatePath="on"
  UseSpecialParser="off"
  ParseHostname="off"
  ruleset="ConsoleRuleset")

$EscapeControlCharactersOnReceive off

And we also need to set the socket path to hostlogger config(STREAM_DST). In this sample, the path is /run/rsyslog/console_input
Hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,
Spencer Ku