I3C Binding DSP0233

Matt Johnston matt at codeconstruct.com.au
Thu Feb 24 14:06:39 AEDT 2022

On Wed, 2022-02-23 at 16:45 +0000, Rahul Kapoor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to understand if OpenBMC project currently supports MCTP over
> I3C
> https://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0233_1.0.0.pdf
> ? If not, are there plans to support it going forward? We are currently
> using Intel-BMC/libmctp for SMBus binding and plan to transition to in-
> kernel MCTP in future.

Hi Rahul,

I'm not aware of any current work on MCTP-over-I3C for OpenBMC or in-kernel.
It could be added as another in-kernel MCTP transport alongside the current
I2C net driver.

I'm not sure what the current status is for I3C drivers on BMC hardware.
Kernel I3C will only support Linux as an I3C Controller not Target, though
that would suit many setups.

Cheers,
Matt