Is priv-noaccess needed?

Joseph Reynolds jrey at linux.ibm.com
Thu Feb 17 07:32:05 AEDT 2022

User manager and IPMI maintainers (and please forward to additional
interested parties):

We are trying to understand how the NoAccess (priv-noaccess) role is
used in OpenBMC.  See the discussion below, the gerrit review, and the
IPMI questions.

What are the use cases?  What is this role used for?  If we need this
role, let's understand why.  Otherwise, can we deprecate this role and
remove it?

Joseph