Upcoming OpenBMC release 2.11

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Sat Feb 12 07:56:58 AEDT 2022

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 03:33:12PM +0530, Thaj wrote:
> Hi Patrick,

Hello Thaj,

> 2.9 is quiet old. There are a lot of changes after that. A newer u-boot
> with secure boot support, better AST2600 support etc. A new release is
> necessary.

It seems that not many people who are active contributors in the community
actually care about releases, so there hasn't been much effort put into it.
You used the word "necessary".  Would you care to expand, for the community,
what your use case is where you rely on releases?

> There is no 2.11.0-rc1 yet. Is it possible to initiate a release
> process?

The honister branch is effectively the '2.11.0-rc'.  I don't have permissions
to create tags myself.  I'll see if Brad has bandwidth to create a tag in the
near future.

--
Patrick Williams