No dbus objects for phosphor-regulators

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Sat Feb 12 07:53:20 AEDT 2022

On Fri, Feb 11, 2022 at 09:32:13AM -0600, Shawn McCarney wrote:
> On 2/9/2022 4:30 PM, Mike Jones wrote:
> > iPad On Feb 1, 2022, at 10:38 AM, Shawn McCarney
> > <shawnmm at linux.ibm.com> wrote:  ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍
> phosphor-regulators currently communicates directly with voltage
> regulators using i2c-dev; it does not use device drivers.
>
> The reason is that most regulator drivers provide either no or very
> limited ability to configure regulators.  For the systems I work on, we
> need to do extensive regulator configuration to fine tune things (output
> voltage, pgood min/max, timing, etc.) Redundant phase fault detection is
> also pretty device-specific and on involves communicating with multiple
> devices.

Out of curiosity, had you done any investigation with getting the support you
need upstreamed in drivers?  If you had upstream discussions I'd like some
pointers to them (lore links) since, as Ed pointed out, we're having design
discussions on this same problem generally speaking.

--
Patrick Williams