meta-phosphor/sensors and phosphor-power/phosphor-regulators compatibility

Mike Jones proclivis at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 07:45:03 AEDT 2022

Hi,

I think meta-phosphor/sensors and phosphor-power/phosphor-regulators interfere with each other.

When I power on chassis, journalctl shows errors from phosphor-regulators saying the device or resource is busy and mentions the correct i2c. It stops trying after a few attempts. Looking at the code, I see that phosphor-regulators is using /dev/i2c.

At the time of chassis on, the i2c has traffic on the bus, from sensors.

Is there a way to make these play nice?

Mike

Sent from my iPad