new port seeing ipmid exiting with seg fault

Andrew Jeffery andrew at aj.id.au
Tue Aug 30 11:59:45 AEST 2022

Hi Schuyler,

On Tue, 30 Aug 2022, at 00:45, Patton, Schuyler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In our port the ipmid is exiting with a seg fault.  Does anyone have
> any suggestions on what to look at or what the problem might be? I have
> included some info I collected from systemctl and journalctl. Thanks in
> advance for any pointers, suggestions.

You might find some useful tricks for debugging the segfault in my blog
post here:

https://amboar.github.io/notes/2022/01/13/openbmc-development-workflow.html

Broadly, the idea is to get gdb hooked up to debug either the process
or the core dump. If you can extract the core dump from the system then
you can use the bbdbg script in concert with your local OpenBMC build
tree to generate a rootfs context to debug the core using
gdb-multiarch. The other way to go is to get gdbserver onto the BMC and
then use remote gdb (again using e.g. bbdbg to generate the context in
which gdb runs).

Hope that helps,

Andrew