Removing machines using old u-boot tree

Dhananjay Phadke dphadke at linux.microsoft.com
Tue Aug 23 14:18:44 AEST 2022

On 8/22/2022 6:13 PM, Joel Stanley wrote:
> Hello machine maintainers,
>
> The following (see end of email) OpenBMC machines are using the old
> v2016.07 u-boot fork. I would like to see machines updated to use the
> new fork so we can reduce the maintenance burden of u-boot.
>
> We have two options: move to the newer u-boot fork, or retiring
> (removing) systems that lack the maintenance effort to stay up to
> date.
>
> The v2019.04 u-boot fork supports both NCSI and direct-PHY network
> configurations. For most systems the steps required to update are:

2019.04 is still old to sustain with backports, e.g. files in common/
were moved around in upstream u-boot.

Looks like much of Aspeed stuff (other than ast2400 and spi driver) has
been upstreamed already. When can openbmc switch to modern upstream tag,
say v2022.07 and stage anything not upstream on top of it in u-boot
mirror?

Thanks,
Dhananjay