Why do Discord accounts that have sat idle for a while get removed from Discord: https://discord.gg/69Km47zH98?

Patrick Williams patrick at stwcx.xyz
Thu Aug 18 04:56:31 AEST 2022

On Wed, Aug 17, 2022 at 10:57:23AM -0700, Nick Rivers wrote:
> Why do Discord accounts that have sat idle for a while get removed from
> Discord: https://discord.gg/69Km47zH98 ?
>
> This doesn't seem in alignment with other community forums.

I'll copy what I wrote on Discord about this earlier today as well:
---
Those accounts are “removed” in the sense that they don’t show up on the
active members list but nobody is kicked/banned.  You should be able to follow
the permanent invite we have and reactivate.

We’ve had a problem with people [accidentally] creating multiple accounts
with the same name, which can make it difficult to @ the right person.  Discord
has an easy way to have the server prune anyone which hasn’t used Discord in
the last 30 days and I enabled that option, primarily as a way to prune those
duplicate accounts.
---

So, if you haven't opened the Discord application on any device in the
last 30 days, there is a chance you will get pruned.  Just follow the
link and you will get re-added.

--
Patrick Williams